The Software Process Improvement Network is comprised of individuals dedicated to improving the software engineering practice. Regional groups called "SPINs" meet and share their experiences - initiating and sustaining software process improvement programs.
Responsive Web Design (RWD) Panel Discussion
Join us for a lively discussion on April 24th on RWD. We will explore the following topics with our event and Gold sponsor, Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC along with three Platinum sponsors; Centare, New Resources and Skyline Technologies.
• Mobile first vs. desktop first – User experience and content strategy aspects
• Educating project team members about RWD benefits and opportunities
• Context-aware features beyond RWD; How to leverage mobile/tablet features
• Frameworks – is there a benefit to using a framework to avoid re-investing the wheel; pros/cons
• # of breakpoints – Are three breakpoints sufficient (desktop, tablet, mobile); what are the trends; accounting for orientation.
• Supporting browsers and platforms vs. optimizing
• Performance considerations- Images, large pages, Ajax, etc.
• Testing – Accounting for multiple browsers/versions, platforms; recommended tools; lower environment access
100 Heritage Reserve
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Click here for map.
Moderator: Brian Mahloch – Senior Software Engineer, Skyline Technologies
- Jennifer Lavicky -E-business Consultant, Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC
- Aaron Hayon – Senior Software Engineer, Skyline Technologies
- Ken Otte- UX Consultant, Centare
- Kevin Reck - Practice Lead, New Resources
- Matthew Friedel, P.E. - Instructor - Marquette University College of Engineering & Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science